Entry level PC has never been this good. Now, users can enjoy the great experiences they want from their notebook, convertible, or desktop PC, with the security and connectivity options they need for a protected modern lifestyle. Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processor family delivers a great balance of performance & battery life at entry level price points for all Windows, Chrome* and Linux* OS users. The all new Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processor family includes 4K media support, integrated connectivity up to Gigabit Wi-Fi,1 and improvements in security in your choice of platform and OS at a price point for casual users who want rich experiences.
Educators and next generation of student innovators powered with new Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors save valuable time by doing everyday school tasks faster. The new N- & J- Series processors provide an optimal learning experience with Gigabit Wi-Fi1 for blazing fast connectivity and LACE (Local Adaptive Contrast Enhancement) display support for viewing in a variety of environments, whether in sun or shade.
Entry Level PC Gives More People Access to Affordable Computing
Intel is innovating with dedicated processors for the entry level PC market to make computing accessible to more people by lowering overall platform cost. Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors continue the innovation by bringing features like integrated Gigabit Wi-Fi, 4K display, 4K media support and long battery life to entry level PC.
Entry Level PC for Primary and Secondary Education
With technology rapidly changing the workplace, more jobs will require technical computer skills in the industry 4.0 revolution. Incorporating PCs in primary and secondary education prepares students for the future as more and more jobs require some programming skills, understanding artificial intelligence, machine learning and, operating robots. Connected PCs bring a wealth of information to classrooms and access to a variety of of Massively Online Open Courseware for self-paced learning.
- Innovative digital curriculum to make students creative problem solvers
- Curated and personalized learning through a performance evaluation feedback loop
- Collaborate with other students in class and globally
- Classroom PC to Cloud based Learning Management Solution connectivity makes student and school performance tracking instantaneous and easier
- Continued access to digital content at home with access from home PC
Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors empower educators and students to finish day-to-day tasks quickly and save valuable time. As compared to the use of a 3-year-old system,
- Teachers and students experience up to 91% faster web browsing2
- Students take up to 58% less time to perform spreadsheet calculations like Monte Carlo simulations2
- Students take up to 21% less time to finish multimedia tasks2
- Gigabit Wi-Fi enables faster downloads in highly dense network area like a classroom
- Seamless sharing and collaborating among students and classroom’s monitor
Performance in Entry PC Segment
With up to 3.2 GHz burst frequency, the all new Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors provide up to 46% better overall system performance3 compared to a three-year-old system and give the computing power and visual experience users have wanted. With Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processor platforms, users can enjoy:
- A new level of performance and great battery life for longer active use (~10 hours of active battery life)4
- New improved I/O and memory options for faster data transfer with DDR4 support
- Gigabit Wi-Fi PC capability for extremely fast networking performance – faster than a wired Gigabit Ethernet connection5
- Binge watching movies
- Boost display visibility outdoors in bright sunlight with LACE technology
- Enjoy 4K content on external 4K display or HDTVs
- Favorite movies and videos in UHD (Ultra High Definition) from premier content providers like Netflix* and Sony* with native DRM support
- Capturing and uploading 1080p video for Google Hangouts* and YouTube* with new VP9* and HEVC 10-bit built in CODECs
- Enjoy high definition content on the go with PlayReady* or Widevine*
Security Users Can Trust**
People’s online lives are more complicated than ever before, and consumers are demanding increasingly frictionless methods to safeguard identities and data. Consumers want digital experiences that are more secure. With the latest Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors, Intel builds security** features directly into the silicon and offers a more secure** experience without sacrificing ease of use.
A Device that Suits People's Lifestyle
Intel® Pentium® Silver and Celeron® processors power more types of devices, from notebooks to convertibles to desktops and mini PCs— Support Windows, Chrome* and Linux* OS—giving people flexibility to choose the best device for their needs, while knowing it will give them the performance, experiences, and security** they want.
People can now select the device that matches their lifestyle – on the go or on the desk – with a wide range of form factors and styles to choose from including new form factors for consumers and education with quiet, fanless designs, and lighter-weight materials and devices.