Empowering Enterprises to Meet Evolving Business Needs
Business technology needs have changed a lot over the past few years. Now, both IT and everyday end users prefer more user-friendly technology that can easily adapt to today’s more flexible working environment. The Intel vPro® platform provides tools and technologies you can count on to help your business keep up with the needs of an ever-changing world.
It’s time to set a new standard for business security, performance, and remote manageability in your organization. The latest 11th Gen Intel vPro® platform processors are designed to deliver business-class performance, comprehensive hardware-based security, and optimal user experiences-making it the unrivaled PC platform for business.
A Scalable Processor Portfolio
The 11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processors are segmented into the i5, i7, and i9 processor brands which, along with Intel® Xeon® W-11000 processors for mobile workstations, give enterprises greater flexibility to meet a wide variety of performance and price point requirements across their organization.
11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® U-series i5 and i7 processors power highly mobile business-class notebooks in a thin-and-light form factor. These PCs are designed for on-the-go employees and feature exclusive Intel® Iris® Xe graphics for impressive visual performance. Processors with the i5 brand feature 4 cores, 8 threads, and an 8 MB cache. Processors with the i7 brand support 4 cores, 8 threads, and a 12 MB cache. The i5 and i7 brand processors offer a Thermal Design Power (TDP) range of 7–28 W (cTDP-down and cTDP-up).
11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® H-series processors and Intel® Xeon® W-11000 processors are designed with more cores, larger cache size, and higher TDP to help professional “power users” like data scientists, financial analysts, and content creators tackle multi-threaded performance-hungry applications—even while on the go. The H-series offers a total of five SKUs across both the Intel® Core™ vPro® and Intel® Xeon® processor families. For the Intel® Core™ vPro® processor family: the Core™ vPro® i5-11500H processor offers 6 cores, 12 threads, and a 12 MB cache; the Core™ vPro® i7-11850H processor offers 8 cores, 16 threads, and a 24 MB cache; and the Core™ vPro® i9-11950H processor offers 8 cores, 16 threads, and a 24 MB cache. For the Intel® Xeon® processor family: the Xeon® W-11855M processor offers 6 cores, 12 threads, and an 18 MB cache and the Xeon® W-11955M processor offers 8 cores, 16 threads, and a 24 MB cache. All H-series and Intel® Xeon® SKUs offer a TDP range of 35–45 W.
Designed for IT and End Users
Today’s agile and highly capable IT management teams are often tasked with a wide range of maintenance and support tasks, but their most time-consuming challenge is handling day-to-day tactical activities. With Intel vPro® platform-based notebooks and mobile workstations, managed service providers and in-house IT teams can do more to manage their device deployments remotely—from performing maintenance to running diagnostics, repairing systems, and rebooting.
By intelligently investing in efficient IT solutions that enable IT teams to work smarter, businesses are better able to innovate, boost their overall effectiveness, and grow.
Unrivaled PCs for Business
Notebooks and mobile workstations powered by the Intel vPro® platform meet the demands of today’s dynamic business environment. The Intel vPro® platform features built-in, enhanced security solutions, runs on architecture that delivers performance, promotes workforce productivity, and helps lower total cost of ownership.
Computing systems based on the Intel vPro® platform that incorporate the eligible processor SKUs shown in the tables on pages 8 and 10 and meet the Intel vPro® brand requirements are optimized for corporate environments and an increasingly remote workforce. These systems also require either the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise OS.
Improved performance across key workloads1
- Up to 18% faster system performance2
- Up to 2.5X faster AI performance3 (ML Image Classification)
- In SPECWorkstation 34
- Up to 29% faster media and entertainment
- Up to 29% faster product development
- Up to 11% faster general operations
Groundbreaking Performance and Amazing Experiences for Business
11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® U-series processors for business-class notebooks deliver the world’s best productivity5 for business and the world’s best business collaboration,5 and Intel® Xeon® W-11000 processors for mobile workstations provide serious performance for high-intensity workloads. With an impressive leap in architecture performance, powerful new integrated graphics that bring new levels of 3D and media performance, AI acceleration, and next-gen connectivity and responsiveness, Intel vPro® platform-based PCs deliver amazing real-world experiences for IT and end users, no matter where their work takes them.
Advanced Performance and Collaboration Features
- New processor core architecture transforms hardware and software efficiency, delivering significant gains in real-world performance that lets your workforce do more work, wherever work happens.
- Intel® Xe graphics architecture creates more immersive work experiences with improved device performance, rich media and intelligent graphics capabilities, and built-in support for multiple high-resolution monitors.
- Integrated Thunderbolt™ 4 technology helps employees stay in their productivity zone, allowing them to quickly charge their devices, or connect to any display or data device through one universal computer port.
- Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6 / Discrete Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) helps users collaborate seamlessly with ultra-fast Gigabit speed, ultra-low latency, and ultra-reliable connectivity made possible by the greatest leap in Wi-Fi technology in 20 years.6
- Intel® Optane™ memory H20 with SSD helps employees stay more productive while multitasking thanks to significant gen-over-gen improvements to responsiveness, performance, power consumption, and storage capacity options.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost delivers a boost in AI performance and machine learning tasks for more improved bandwidth, increased productivity, and more intelligent, personalized business PC experiences.
Comprehensive Security that Businesses Depend on Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Intel® Hardware Shield, available exclusively on the Intel vPro® platform, provides comprehensive hardware-based security for business. 11th Gen Intel vPro® platform-based processors with Intel® Hardware Shield offer enhanced full-stack security features that help deliver data and device protection for businesses of all sizes.
Hardware-Based Security Features of the Intel vPro® Platform
Available exclusively on Intel® Core™ vPro® mobile processors and Intel® Xeon® W-11000 processors for mobile workstations, Intel® Hardware Shield delivers integrated hardware-based PC protection for more secure business productivity, including:
- Advanced threat detection
- Application and data protection
- Below-the-OS security
Advanced Security Features
- Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology provides hardware-based protection against multiple classes of attacks, including memory safety-based attacks and increasingly popular control flow subversion techniques. This ground-breaking technology was invented by Intel engineers to help shut down an entire class of attacks that have long evaded software-only solutions.7
- Intel® Total Memory Encryption encrypts all data at the silicon level to help protect data in memory from cold boot attacks—including physical memory and DIMM removal attacks—and helps mitigate splicing attacks. OEMs can configure end user PCs with this technology based on customer requests.
- Intel® Threat Detection Technology provides IT teams with near real-time insights about end user devices. With the industry’s first silicon-enabled AI threat detection, provided only by Intel, this enhanced security feature takes full advantage of the advanced telemetry capabilities of Intel® Hardware Shield by augmenting ISV solutions to help stop ransomware and cryptomining attacks.8
Optimal User Experiences Across the Entire Organization
From savvy business leaders and entrepreneurs looking for premium laptop experiences to professional multitaskers who need to run multiple programs and displays at once, to employees with resource-intensive data analysis, engineering, finance, visual effects production, or content creation workloads—today’s workforce expects a lot out of their business PCs. The latest generation of Intel® processor technology provides flexibility, device stability, and enhanced capabilities that deliver amazing and powerful user experiences to your employees across a variety of in-demand form factors.
Advanced User Experience Features
- Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) with Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant9—enhances your IT team’s ability to remotely and securely access, repair, and maintain your PC fleet. Intel® AMT is the only wireless solution for remote manageability in business that can return your PCs to a known good state, no matter where your employees are working—even when the OS is down.10
- Intel® Stable IT Platform Program (Intel® SIPP) is an integrated validation platform that helps IT manage computer lifecycle complexities with confidence. Intel® SIPP ensures optimal device stability and reliability for all users, aiming for zero hardware changes for at least 15 months or until the next generational release.
The Intel vPro® platform includes full platform validation support for additional (post-Time to Market) Windows 10 Enterprise SAC releases, including up to two previous OS releases. The capabilities listed in the “Platform Security, Manageability, and Stability Features” table on page 12 are designed to enable, accelerate, or complement features and services within the Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise operating systems.
The Intel® Evo™ vPro® Platform
Intel® Evo™ vPro® platform-based laptops are the best thin and light business laptops for getting things done.11 These verified laptop designs, available exclusively on 11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® U-series mobile processors, deliver business-class performance, hardware-enhanced security features, superior remote manageability, and PC fleet stability— along with remarkable responsiveness, user productivity features, and enhanced graphics for amazing visual experiences.
Thin, stylish, and lightweight, Intel® Evo™ vPro® platform-based laptops are built with what IT needs and what end users want—and are designed to deliver the best thin and light laptop experience for business.11
The Intel® Evo™ vPro® Platform Features:
- Verified Intel® Evo™ vPro® platform designs deliver an average of more than 40% improved responsiveness compared to a 3-year-old premium laptop while on battery,12 so employees’ devices can stay ready for business.
- Help keep your workforce in the productivity zone with fast charging that delivers 4 or more hours of real-world battery life in a 30-minute charge on laptops with FHD displays.13
- Keep employees—and all of their video conferencing and other critical applications—up and running for longer with 9 or more hours of real-world battery life on systems with FHD displays.14
- Keep everyone working quickly and effectively with instant wake (<1 sec) that lets users jump right back into their workflows without missing a beat.
- Let users work how they want, as quickly as they need, with universal charging and accessory ports powered by integrated Thunderbolt™ 4 technology for faster file transfers and day-to-day functionality.
- Improve the quality and reliability of high-bandwidth interactions like video conferencing with best-inclass wireless and wired connectivity.15
|Configurable TDP-up frequency (GHz)||3.0||2.2||2.6||1.8|
|Configurable TDP-down frequency (GHz)||1.2||0.9||1.1||0.8|
|Intel® Smart Cache (M)||12||12||8||8|
|Intel® single core turbo frequency (GHz)||4.8||4.6||4.4||4.2|
|Intel® all core turbo frequency (GHz)||4.3||3.7||4.0||3.5|
|Processor Graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe graphics||Intel® Iris® Xe graphics|
|PCIe Lanes 4.0||4||4||4||4|
|Maximum Memory Capacity (GB)||64||32||64||32|
|Thermal Design Power (W)||12–28||7–15||12–28||7–15|
|Processor Name||i9-11950H||i7-11850H||i5-11500H||Xeon® W-11955M||Xeon® W-11855M|
|Configurable TDP-up frequency (GHz)||2.6||2.5||2.9||2.6||3.2|
|Configurable TDP-down frequency (GHz)||2.1||2.1||2.4||2.1||2.6|
|Intel® Smart Cache (M)||24||24||12||24||18|
|Intel® single core turbo frequency (GHz)||5.0||4.8||4.6||5.0||4.9|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 turbo frequency (GHz)||5.0||N/A||N/A||5.0||4.9|
|Intel® all core turbo frequency (GHz)||4.5||4.3||4.2||4.5||4.4|
|Processor Graphics||Intel® UHD graphics||Intel® UHD graphics||Intel® UHD graphics||Intel® UHD graphics||Intel® UHD graphics|
|PCIe Lanes 4.0||20||20||20||20||20|
|Maximum Memory Capacity (GB)||128||128||128||128||128|
|ECC Memory Support||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Thermal Design Power (W)
|Features At a Glance|
|Platform Security, Manageability, and Stability Features||Benefits|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)9||Remote out-of-band management for efficient proactive and reactive system maintenance|
|Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant||Remotely and securely manage devices beyond the firewall from the cloud|
|Intel® Remote Secure Erase||Allows IT administrators to remotely wipe the data from Intel and third-party SSDs via Intel® AMT|
|Intel® Stable IT Platform Program||Delivers integrated hardware validation that helps IT teams ensure long-term device reliability and compatibility|
|Intel® Hardware Shield||A set of built-in, hardware-enabled platform protection technologies|
|Intel® Threat Detection Technology||Delivers advanced threat detection and enhanced security|
|Intel® Runtime BIOS Resilience||Intel® Hardware Shield technology that helps protect system firmware|
|Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
||Intel® Hardware Shield technology providing hardware root-of-trust for critical software|
|Intel® System Security Report||Communicates the current Intel® Hardware Shield configuration to the OS|
|Intel® System Resource Defense
||Helps prevent malicious software injection by locking down system critical resources|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology||Provides hardware assist to the virtualization software, helping to reduce size, cost, and complexity|
|Intel® Transparent Supply Chain
||Mechanism for confirming authenticity of system components|
|Features At a Glance|
|Business Productivity and Technologies||Benefits|
|Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics||Available on U-series mobile processors. Delivers stunning creation and graphics capabilities for immersive work experiences
|Intel® Xe graphics architecture||Available on H-series mobile processors. Rich media and intelligent graphics capabilities offer built-in support for multiple high-resolution monitors and improved device performance|
|Integrated Thunderbolt™ 4 technology||Provides simple and reliable connectivity, charging, and peripheral usage through just one universal computer port|
|Intel® Optane™ memory H20 with SSD16
||Delivers significant gen-over-gen performance gains and large storage capacity options|
|Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6 / Discrete Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+)||Offers fast speeds, ultra-reliable connectivity, and great wireless experiences|
|Intel® Deep Learning Boost||Accelerates AI inference, vastly improving performance for iterative deep learning workloads;17 Extends Intel® AVX-512 to accelerate AI/machine learning inference|
|Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology||Intelligently adapt power and performance based on usage mode and system temperature|
|Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology||Delivers two processing threads per core, allowing applications to handle greater workloads for more efficient multitasking|
|Intel® Smart Cache Technology||Dynamically allocates shared cache to each processor core based on workload|
|Intel® Smart Sound Technology||An integrated audio DSP (Digital Signal Processor) that enables quick responses to voice commands and offers high fidelity audio without impacting system performance|
|Intel® Gaussian Neural Accelerator 2.0 (GNA 2.0)
||Delivers a dedicated engine for background workloads such as voice processing and noise suppression|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.018||Dynamically increases the processor’s frequency, as needed, by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits|
|Intel® Speed Shift Technology with Energy-Performance Preference||Improves responsiveness for single-threaded transient workloads by allowing the processor to more quickly select its best operating frequency and voltage for optimal performance and power efficiency|
|Per-core P-states||Allows the monitoring of voltage-frequency control states for each processor core|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.019||Identifies the best performing core(s) on a processor and provides increased performance on those cores by taking advantage of power and thermal headroom to increase frequency as needed. Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 frequency is the clock frequency of the CPU when running in this mode|
|Integrated Memory Controller||Improves memory read/write performance through efficient pre-fetching algorithms, lower latency, and higher memory bandwidth (DDR4 up to 3200)|
|PCI Express (PCIe) Gen4 Interface||Offers up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes for fast access to peripheral devices and networking|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology||Offers excellent levels of performance for SATA/PCIe storage components and optional Intel® Optane™ memory H20 with SSD|
|Serial ATA (SATA)||High speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rates for optimal data access (up to 3 SATA ports for U-series and up to 8 SATA ports for H-series)|
|Support for error correcting code memory||ECC memory is a type of system memory that can detect and correct common kinds of internal data corruption20|