First Intel® Optane™ technology-based high availability dual port drive offering greater resiliency for enterprise storage solutions.
High availability and performance are crucial for enterprise storage architectures providing mission-critical applications, such as online transaction processing for financial services. The Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X with its unique combination of dual port PCIe NVMe, consistent low latency, and high random read/write performance, delivers the performance, and capabilities required for enterprise-class storage arrays.
The SSD DC D4800X provides dual port redundancy for maximum data availability during system upgrades or a failover event, enabling enterprise class capabilities and serviceability in high availability storage systems.
Intel® Optane™ SSDs Break Through NAND Bottlenecks
Intel® Optane™ technology provides industry-leading capabilities of breakthrough performance, predictably fast service, responsiveness under load and high endurance. The first Intel® Optane™ technology-based dual port drive can break the NAND bottleneck to help deliver higher service levels to mission-critical applications and reduce transaction costs for latency sensitive workloads.
Combining breakthrough performance with data path redundancy enables enterprise storage array providers to design solutions capable of:
- Extremely consistent and fast response times even in the presence of increasing write pressure
- High-performance at low queue depths commonly found in enterprise workloads
- Predictably fast service—faster than NAND SSDs
- Supporting write-intensive workloads common in areas such as OLTP and high performance computing (HPC) with high endurance
The dual port Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X provides enterprise storage features, including hot pluggable removal and insertion, allowing in-service replacement options. Other key features include:
- VSS (Variable Sector Size): 512, 520, 4096, 4104 bytes
- Up to 16 multiple dynamic name spaces
- 128 queue pair/ port
- SGL (scatter gather lists)
- CMB (control memory buffer)