License Plate Recognition Privacy Notice
The LPR technology uses security cameras to capture an image of your vehicle, digitize the information and use the information for the purposes described in the next paragraph. We also collect some or all of the following vehicle details: Make, model, year, color, state, region, license plate issuer.
Intel uses the vehicle details for the following purposes:
- To restrict access to only allow registered/authorized vehicles into certain areas of Intel property.
- To maintain the safety and security of Intel campuses.
- To monitor vehicle speed of registered vehicles for the purpose of coaching workers who demonstrate repetitive speeding or other unsafe behavior.
- To monitor traffic flows throughout the campus to optimize resources.
- To support the effective management of the campus operations.
- To support investigations approved by Corporate Security and/or HR Legal.
- To identify and/or locate an individual and/or their vehicle in an emergency.
- To cooperate with local law enforcement.
Intel’s legal basis for collection of personal information under this policy depends on the relevant jurisdiction. The legal basis is either legitimate interest or public security.
The ALPR system data may be handled and used by the following recipients for the reasons given above and generally to maintain a safe, secure and efficient campus operation:
- Intel Corporate Security
- Intel Human Resources
- Environmental Health and Safety
Intel will not share your information except where we are required to do so by law or to respond to legal process.
All users with access to the ALPR system are trained on the proper use and handling of the ALPR system data in order to protect ALPR system data as specified in this notice. Intel Corporate Security is responsible for the development and administration of this required training, which will explain how to properly use the ALPR system and the required protections for ALPR system data.
Vehicle information gathered through the ALPR system is retained for 31 days and is retained in an environment designed to be only accessible by authorized personnel with a valid reason.