At Intel, we have a clear set of business imperatives: grow the business, lead our people, and execute with velocity. Diversity and inclusion are among the most important forces driving the company’s evolution and reinvention. In 2015, Intel committed $300M to support a goal of reaching full workforce representation of women and underrepresented minorities in our U.S. workforce by 2020. Our focus is to invest in education pathways programs, university partnerships, diverse entrepreneurs, anti-online harassment initiatives, and spending with diverse suppliers.
- It is our goal to expand the pipeline of technical talent, both for Intel and the industry at large. We support legislative or administrative action to protect equal rights and improve STEM education for people from all backgrounds, including:
- Native Americans
- African Americans
- People with diverse abilities
- It is important to have policies in place that allow for ease of business with diverse suppliers. Being able to work with a diverse supply chain brings innovation and greater value to our business. In 2015, we made a commitment that by the year 2020, we would spend $1B annually with diverse-owned businesses.
- We oppose unlawful discrimination in any form at the state or federal level. We are a global company with a diverse workforce that reflects the best and brightest minds in technology. A more equal and inclusive society makes the U.S. a stronger nation and Intel a stronger company.
- We aim to support legislation that supports pay equity.