During SC20, Intel and its ecosystem partners will demonstrate how Intel’s high performance computing (HPC) hardware and software solutions can enable the HPC community to continue to innovate, while propelling the industry into the exascale era.
Intel’s participation at SC20 will include a keynote from Trish Damkroger, general manager of Intel’s HPC group; technical presentations; fireside chats; virtual demos; technical paper sessions; live “ask the expert” sessions; and Intel’s inaugural oneAPI Developer Summit.
Intel will demonstrate how it is addressing growth in heterogenous workloads – from artificial intelligence (AI) to HPC – through a combined hardware and software design approach that leverages CPU, GPU, FPGA and other accelerators. This approach is supported by Intel® oneAPI toolkits, which provide a common, open and standards-based cross-architecture programming model.
A full list of the event dates and times are posted on Intel.com.
Top Five ‘Don’t Miss’ Items from Intel at SC20
- Intel HPC + AI Pavilion
- Intel SC20 Virtual Booth
- Intel oneAPI Developer Summit
- Intel “Building the Future Today with HPC” keynote
- Intel Participation in the SC20 Technical Session
At 7 a.m. PST Nov. 17, Intel’s Trish Damkroger, vice president and general manager of the HPC group, will kick off Intel’s participation in the SC20 virtual event with a keynote presentation titled “Building the Future Today with HPC.” Topics covered in the keynote include Intel’s latest HPC collaborations with customers, guest speakers, updates to Intel’s xPU roadmap, performance and customer news related to the upcoming 3rd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, and updates to the Intel® oneAPI programming model.
To view the keynote, visit HPCwire.com
Intel HPC + AI Pavilion
From Nov17 to Nov. 19, the Intel HPC + AI Pavilion will serve as the primary location for all technical information from Intel. A full list of the dates and times of Intel’s presentations and demos are posted on Intel.com.
Starting Nov. 17, visitors to the Intel HPC + AI Pavilion can view:
- Technology Demonstrations: Fifteen total technology demonstrations, including:
- DAOS: Unparalleled storage performance using Intel® Optane™ persistent memory
- Multi-node, realistic rendering of large-scale climate data using ParaView with Intel® open-source, scalable and portable ray tracing engine, and Intel Optane persistent memory
- oneAPI heterogeneous programming showcase
- Tech Talks: Topics include AI and HPC convergence, exascale computing, Intel® oneAPI, cloud-based analytics and more
- Fireside Chats: Conversations between Intel and other industry experts. Some examples include:
- Delivering Exascale with Aurora: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 12:30-12:40 p.m. PST
- Intel’s Vision for Exascale Computing: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 4:50-5 p.m. PST
- Accelerate Workloads in Intel® DevCloud: Wednesday, Nov. 18, 11:30-11:40 a.m. PST
- oneAPI: for Cross-Architecture Application Performance: Thursday, Nov. 19, 12-12:10 p.m. PST
- Technical Content: Intel blogs and white papers.
The Intel HPC + AI Pavilion will be located at HPCwire.com/
Intel SC20 Virtual Booth
From Nov. 17 to Nov. 19, attendees can also explore select Intel® HPC technologies at Intel’s SC20 virtual booth throughout the week. Attendees will also be able to view selected technology demonstrations and videos from the Intel HPC + AI Pavilion. Attendees must register for the conference to attend the virtual booth at the SC20 registration website.
Intel Participation within SC20 Technical Sessions
From Nov. 9 to Nov. 19, as part of the SC20 technical program, Intel experts will participate in technical sessions, tutorials, workshops and panel sessions. You can find a comprehensive list of Intel sessions at the SC20 website.
Intel OneAPI Developer Summit
On Nov. 12 and Nov. 13, Intel will host its inaugural oneAPI Developer Summit at SC20. At the two-day summit, innovators, researchers and developers will showcase 40 collaborations and projects using oneAPI toolkits. Topics range from computational drug repurposing testing for COVID-19 to predicting crop yields. To register for this virtual event, visit the Intel oneAPI Developer Summit website.
For a summary view of Intel’s activities at SC20, visit Intel.com’s SC20 website.