In March, Intel announced plans to build two new leading-edge chip factories at its Ocotillo campus in Chandler, Ariz. The new factories will support growing demand for Intel’s products and provide committed capacity for Intel Foundry Services customers.
Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger was joined by government and community leaders on Sept. 24, 2021, for a groundbreaking ceremony on the factories: Fab 52 and Fab 62. The project pricetag of $20 billion constitutes the largest private-sector investment in Arizona history.
- News Byte: Intel Breaks Ground on Two New Leading-Edge Chip Factories in Arizona
- Randhir Thakur Editorial: It’s Time to Build a More Geographically Diverse Supply Chain
- Event Replay: Intel Breaks Ground on Arizona Fabs
- Intel.com: Innovating and Investing In Arizona for 40 Years
- Intel.com: Intel Arizona RISE Report
- Fact Sheet: Intel in Arizona
- Fact Sheet: Intel Arizona: Sustainability
- Newsroom Archive: Intel Announces $20 Billion Investment for Two New Arizona Fabs (March 23, 2021 Fact Sheet)