Intel has announced plans for an initial investment of more than $20 billion in the construction of two new leading-edge chip factories in Licking County, Ohio. The investment will help boost production to meet the surging demand for advanced semiconductors, powering a new generation of innovative products from Intel and serving the needs of foundry customers as part of Intel’s IDM 2.0 strategy.
As the largest single private-sector investment in Ohio history, the initial phase of the project is expected to create 3,000 Intel jobs, 7,000 construction jobs over the course of the build, and support tens of thousands of additional local long-term jobs across a broad ecosystem of suppliers and partners.
To support the development of the new site, Intel pledged an additional $100 million toward partnerships with educational institutions to build a pipeline of talent and bolster research programs in the region.
Sept. 9, 2022:
- Groundbreaking Event Replay: Intel’s Ohio Groundbreaking Ceremony
- News: Intel Breaks Ground in the Silicon Heartland
- Groundbreaking Media Alert: Intel Celebrates Ohio Groundbreaking
Earlier News & Events:
- News: Intel Selects Diverse Ohio-Based Team to Lead Early Excavation Work for Ohio Fabs
- News: Ohio Residents: We are Ready for Intel’s Arrival
- News: Intel Invests $100M in Ohio and National Semiconductor Education and Research
- Announcement Event Replay: Intel Launches Education Initiatives
- News: Intel Announces Next US Site with Landmark Investment in Ohio
- IDM 2.0 Event Replay: Intel’s Manufacturing Webcast
- Washington, D.C., Event: Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger Joins President Biden at the White House to Discuss Semiconductor Manufacturing (Replay) | Pat Gelsinger’s White House Remarks (PDF)
- Resource: Supplier Quote Sheet (PDF)
- Website: Intel in Ohio (Intel.com)
From Around the Globe, Intel Employees Welcome Ohio
Employees from around the world welcome Ohio to the Intel family. On Sept. 9, 2022, Intel celebrated the start of construction on the company's newest U.S. manufacturing site in Licking County, Ohio. Intel is investing more than $20 billion in the new semiconductor manufacturing site to produce leading-edge chips. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
Intel to Ohio: Let's Build
On Sept. 9, 2022, Intel celebrated the start of construction on the company's newest U.S. manufacturing site in Licking County, Ohio. Intel is investing more than $20 billion in the new semiconductor manufacturing site to produce leading-edge chips. (Credit: Intel Corporation)