This download contains the System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family for Windows* and Linux* (R01.01.0008)
- Size: 46.1 MB
- SHA1: 9A3D6ED8ABF4B479200B4979B4BDCACABDFF7144
This download record contains the BIOS and System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family and appropriate Intel® Server System D50TNP Family for Windows* and Linux* Operating System
Windows and Linux System Firmware Update Package (SFUP) Installation and Operation Instructions
Intel highly recommends reading the Readme and Update Instructions.txt in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements will ensure a successful update and provide the most reliable system functionality after the update has completed.
Released - June 20, 2023
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates and update utilities:
- System BIOS: R01.01.0008
- ME Firmware: 04.04.04.301
- BMC Firmware: 2.91.cb510bad
- FRUSDR: 0.46
- Pmem: 220.127.116.113
- CPLD: v4P7
- sysfwupdt.efi - Version 16.0.9
Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements
Firmware check is not applicable, hence updates will be triggered even when the versions in the system and in the SFUP package are the same.
Do NOT interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Do NOT attempt to down rev the system software once loaded onto the system. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
All updates provided in this package are installed using the Windows and Linux operating environments only.
Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
System software requirements
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
- System BIOS: R01.01.0007
- ME Firmware: 04.04.04.202
- BMC Firmware: 2.90.e5e4d391
- FRUSDR: 0.44
- CPLDL: v4P2
- Pmem: 18.104.22.1683
For pre-production hardware and software support requirements, contact Intel for details.
Pre-requisites before running Windows and Linux scripts - refer to Readme and Update Instructions.txt
Important information for the update procedures
- Windows : When startup.bat is executed from FSUP, the update order is CPLD, PMEM, BMC, FRUSDR and BIOS followed by a system reset.
- Linux : When "sh startup.sh" is executed from FSUP, it uninstalls existing sysfwupdt (if any) and installs latest sysfwupdt from FSUP. The update order is CPLD, PMEM, BMC, FRUSDR and BIOS followed by a system reset.
- Once the Windows and Linux startup script completes the update of CPLD/Pmem/BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS, the system will reboot two times automatically, on that time the screen will be off and blue ID LED will be solid on, once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again.
- Due to the new structure of FW using PFR, the first time the server is rebooted once FW has been updated, will take around 18 minutes on the first reboot to conclude the update process. In that time the screen will be off and the System LED will be blinking green/amber, after the first 4 minutes the blue ID LED will be solid on. Once the process is completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again. After post screen the server will be rebooted a second time and will take around 3 more minutes with the screen off to conclude the update process and power on the server back.
The time to conclude the FW update process is an expected behavior and only presented on the first and second reboot part of the FW update process.
More information can be found on the Readme and Update Instructions.txt
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCPAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MFALAC Acceleration Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSTAC Storage Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSVAC Management Module