This download installs Intel® Server Board S7200AP family BIOS and firmware update for UEFI* (R01.03.0018).
- OS Independent
- Size: 26.6 MB
- SHA1: 9AD40DA570B8627D36C78B867CDFFE13028B71B9
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates:
System BIOS: R01.03.0018
ME Firmware: 03.01.03.030.0
BMC Firmware: 01.14.11110
Intel® Server Board S7200AP and S7200APR Product Families
Contact Intel for Production hardware support requirements.
- Prior to installation, read the BIOS RELEASE NOTES.txt document and pay close attention to the Important notes and Known issues for this specific release.
- This unified firmware package supports both the S7200AP and S7200APR board and compute module products. All associated Intel® Xeon Phi™ x200 (formerly KNL) or X205 (formerly KNM) CPUs are also supported.
- All updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded UEFI* operating environment only.
- Don't modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
- If for any reason the System BIOS, BMC Firmware, or FRU and SDR data need to be re-installed after the initial update has been performed, the package includes standalone script files that can be run individually. These files include: startup.NSH, updBIOS.NSH, updME.NSH, updFD.NSH, updBMC.NSH, and updFRUSDR.NSH.
- Don't use the individual .NSH update files until after the system has been updated initially using the STARTUP.NSH file.
- When updating the BMC Firmware using the BMC.NSH update script file, there is an interaction between the BMC flash and the BIOS USB drivers in this release, which may cause random characters (usually the letter e) to appear in the command line after the BMC update has completed. A reboot after the BMC flash clears this error.
System hardware and software requirements
S7200AP Product Family
- S7200AP baseboard PBA ending in -304 and higher
- Production versions of Intel® Xeon Phi™ x200 (formerly KNL) up to 230W TDP
- System BIOS: R01.02.0001 or greater
- BMC Firmware: Version 01.00.10304 or greater
S7200APR Product Family
- S7200APR baseboard PBA ending in -250 and higher
- Production versions of Intel® Xeon Phi™ x200 (formerly KNL) and Intel® Xeon Phi™ x205 (formerly KNM) Processors up to 320W TDP
- System BIOS: R01.03.0001 or greater
- BMC Firmware: Version 01.09.10985 or greater
- Front Panel, Hot-swap backplane, and Baseboard FRU data must be available for chassis auto-detection to succeed.
- Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory on a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the Intel® Server System to be updated.
- Power on the server.
- The system will automatically access the uEFI shell and begin the update process.
- If the files were copied to a folder other than the root, boot the Server to the uEFI shell. This can be accessed through the BIOS setup utility during POST or via the Boot Menu accessed during POST.
- Run the map -r command in the uEFI shell to mount the USB flash drive.
- Run the fs0: command to change folders to the USB flash drive. The USB flash drive may also mount to fs1: depending on other installed devices. The number of fs# is dependent on the result of the map -r command.
- Change folders to the folder holding the update package files and manually start the Startup.nsh script file to start loading all updates.
- Reboot the system after the update process has successfully completed.
Whenever the system BIOS is updated, two BIOS images are installed: a primary image and a backup image. The backup image is loaded during the first system reboot after the primary BIOS image is updated. During the first system reboot, the screen will be blank for approximately 2 minutes while the backup BIOS image is being loaded. Don't power off or reboot the system during this time.
A message appears on the screen when the backup BIOS image update has completed.
- During POST, hit the Key when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
- From the BIOS Setup Utility main menu, hit the key to load BIOS Defaults.
- At the MAIN menu, verify the BIOS revision is correct.
- Move cursor to the SERVER MANAGEMENT Menu.
- Move cursor down to the SYSTEM INFORMATION Option and hit Enter.
- Verify that the BMC Firmware revision is correct.
- Verify that the SDR revision is correct.
- Verify that the ME Firmware revision is correct.
- Configure desired BIOS Option settings.
- Hit the F10 Key to save changes and Exit.
The System Software Update is complete.
Warning: Don't interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable. Don't attempt to down rev the system software after it is loaded on to the system. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
See the release notes for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.