Known Issues and Limitations
Below is a list of known issues and limitations related to Application Performance Snapshot:
- The HTML summary report may be rendered incorrectly with older browser versions. For correct rendering, please update to the latest version of your browser.
- If you view the HTML report on Windows* OS from a shared drive, use any web browser other than Internet Explorer*.
- If you use an unsupported compiler or compiler version, the OpenMP* related metrics will be unavailable.
- Limitations related to collection of disk usage statistics:
- To collect the statistics, Application Performance Snapshot uses data provided by the OS. Wait time or idle time caused by waiting data from the I/O subsystem is measured with relatively low precision. This is why for short tasks I/O wait time may equal zero, even in case the I/O subsystem is actively used.
- During a process run, if the system reassigns it to a different CPU core, the data read/written and I/O wait time will equal zero.
- Limitations related to MPI support:
- The MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE mode is not supported.
- Application Performance Snapshot is incompatible with the Intel® Trace Collector. Avoid analyzing MPI applications with both tools simultaneously.
- Application Performance Snapshot does not fully support neighborhood collective communications. It registers only their execution times, without information about data transmitted and its direction.
- Disk Usage and Memory Footprint metrics are not available for MPI_Pcontrol region statistics.