4. Installing the Intel® FPGA AI Suite Compiler and IP Generation Tools
This section describes how to install the Intel® FPGA AI Suite compiler (dla_compiler command) and IP Generation Tools.
If you want to use the PCIe-based design example, ensure that you have met the prerequisites outlined in Installing the Intel FPGA AI Suite PCIe-Based Design Example Prerequisites before you follow the instructions in this section.
- Review Supported FPGA Families to ensure that your target FPGA device is supported.
- Ensure that your system meets the operating system requirements as outlined in Operating System Prerequisites.
- Install Intel® FPGA AI Suite .
Tip: If you want to install Intel® FPGA AI Suite in a location other than the default directory, follow the instructions in Installing the Intel FPGA AI Suite Into an Alternative Location.
- Install OpenVINO™ Toolkit.
- Install Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition .
Important: Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition is required for the Intel® FPGA AI Suite design examples. Otherwise, Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition is an optional component.
- Set the required environment variables.
- If you are using Ubuntu* 18 or Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 8.7, install Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks.
- Finalize your installation by verifying that Intel® FPGA AI Suite commands run correctly.