1.1. New Features and Enhancements
Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software Version 23.3 includes functional and security updates. Keep your software up-to-date and follow the technical recommendations that help to improve the security of your Intel® Quartus® Prime installation.
New Intel® Quartus® Prime Device Support and Device Support Enhancements
- Added new support for Intel Agilex® 7 devices. For details, refer to Changes in Device Support.
New Intel® Quartus® Prime Installation and Licensing Features and Enhancements
- Introduced the Intel® Quartus® Prime Installer to the download options. The Intel® Quartus® Prime Installer provides a lightweight installer that eliminates the need to download large .tar files and decompress them locally. It also supports stopping and resuming software downloads with automatic retries for interrupted downloads when it detects the internet connection.
New Intel® Quartus® Prime GUI Features and Enhancements
- Enhanced the function of the Search field in the Intel® Quartus® Prime GUI to provide quick access to Intel® Quartus® Prime menu items.
- (Beta) Added new Tcl commands that access Intel® Quartus® Prime GUI functions. The commands are displayed in the Tcl console are logged to a log file. These commands are also logged to the log file that record GUI actions.
New Compilation Features and Enhancements
- Moved design netlist infrastructure (DNI) from beta-level support to production-ready support. The DNI compilation flow is now the default compilation flow in Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition. DNI enables the following features:
- RTL Analyzer
- Early timing analysis
- Enhanced debug flows
New Simulation Features and Enhancements
- Introduced the Intel® Simics® simulator for Intel® FPGAs, which simulates the hardware of selected Intel FPGA devices (through available Simics virtual platforms) and how that hardware simulation interacts with the software running on it.
- Introduced the Intel Agilex® 5 E-Series virtual platform.
New Design Optimization Features and Enhancements
- (Beta) The Quartus Exploration Dashboard now provides a GUI in addition to the command-line tool.
New Platform Designer Features and Enhancements
- Added ability to reuse and share Platform Designer systems with new packaged subsystem feature.
New Timing Analyzer Features and Enhancements
- Moved SDC-on-RTL from beta support to production-ready support. SDC-on-RTL requires DNI.
New Advanced Link Analyzer Features and Enhancements
- Added support for the Intel Agilex® 5 devices.
- Enhanced Simulation Engine with improved symbol error analysis stability/compatibility with IBIS-AMI RX models
- Enhanced Channel Viewer with JESD204C/D channel compliance support.
- Enhanced Date Viewer with improved FEC code word error analysis result presentation.
New Nios® V Processor Features and Enhancements
- Introduced the Nios® V/c processor
- Enhanced the Nios® V/m processor IP with an option for a size-optimized, non-pipelined configuration
- Enhanced the Nios® V/g processor IP with the following capabilities:
- Tightly coupled memory (TCM) support
- Single-precision floating point unit (FPU) support
- Enhances all Nios® V IPs with support for error detection and ECC status reporting for internal core memories