A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
188.8.131.52. Questa* Software License-Specific Considerations
For Siemens* EDA applications, including the Questa* software, you can specify the paths to license files and license servers in five different locations. If you specify paths to license files or license servers in multiple locations, the following search order is used to find the first valid path:
- MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable you set in the user environment
- MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable you set in the registry
- LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable you set in the environment
- LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable you set in the registry
- <path to FLEXlm>\license.dat, where <path to FLEXlm> is the default location of the FLEXlm license file.
When you install a Siemens* EDA product license on a computer, the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable settings take precedence over the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable settings. If you set both environment variables, set LM_LICENSE_FILE to point to the Questa* license server and set MGLS_LICENSE_FILE to only point to the license server for other Siemens* EDA applications. If you only use the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variable, ensure that the Questa* license server and the license servers for other Siemens* EDA applications are on the same machine.
Did you find the information on this page useful?