1. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition Getting Started Guide
|Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite 21.3
OpenCL* is a C-based open standard for the parallel programming of heterogeneous devices. For more information about the OpenCL* Specification version 1.0, refer to the OpenCL* 1.0 Reference Pages. For detailed information on the OpenCL* application programming interface (API) and programming language, refer to the OpenCL Specification version 1.0.
The Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition provides a compiler and tools for you to build and run OpenCL* applications that target Intel® FPGA products. The Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition supports the embedded profile of the OpenCL* Specification version 1.0.
If you are looking for instructions to get started with oneAPI toolkits, use the following links:
- Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit: Includes the Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and provides tools and libraries for developing high-performance, data-centric applications across diverse architectures.
- Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit: Specialized toolkit for programming FPGAs.
- Intel® DevCloud: A cloud-based sandbox to actively prototype and experiment with workloads on Intel hardware.
- Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Installation Guides: Provides instructions for installing the toolkits.
- Get Started with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit on the DevCloud: Provides instructions to get started with the Intel DevCloud development sandbox.
- Get Started with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Linux*: Provides Linux-specific getting started instructions.
- Get Started with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows*: Provides Windows-specific getting started instructions.
- If you only require the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ 's kernel deployment functionality, download and install the Intel® FPGA Runtime Environment (RTE) for OpenCL. Refer to the Intel® FPGA RTE for OpenCL Pro Edition Getting Started Guide for more information.
Do not install the SDK and the RTE on the same host system. The SDK already contains the RTE.
- If you want to use the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition with the Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA Development Kit, refer to the Application Note Configuring the Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit for the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL for more information.
- If you want to use the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition with the Intel® Stratix® 10 GX Development Kit, refer to Intel® Stratix® 10 Development Kit Initialization guide (bringup guide included in the <path_to_BSP>/s10_ref/bringup directory) and Intel® Stratix® 10 GX FPGA Development Kit User Guide for more information.