How you register your floating license depends on how it was issued. Registration is the process of owning a particular serial number, while Activation is assigning the owned serial number to a license server.
If you have a serial number which has no owner, you may register it using the Entitlement ID (EID) or Product Key (SN) as follows:
- Sign-in to Intel Registration Center with your Intel username and password.
- In the Entitlements view, register the product using the input fields located at the right top corner of the page.
- Enter your Product Key (SN) and click register. Check the Use EID checkbox to use the Entitlement ID value instead.
- Follow the instructions on the web page to complete the registration, and download and install your product.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirming the registration. A license file will not provided at this point.
If the serial number is already registered, the above process will automatically add you as a user of the license. This grants the ability to download the products available with the license. If you expected to become the license owner, you can contact support to assist with determining the current owner and/or license transfer.
To activate your floating license, you must provide the host ID and host name of the server running the license manager. This can be done in one of two ways:
- If the server has connectivity with the registration center, you can provide the serial number during installation of the Intel Software License Manager and it will automatically provide the host information to generate the license file.
- If the server cannot submit the host information, or if you want to manually activate the serial number, you must do the following:
- Login to Intel® Registration Center with your Intel username and password.
- In the Entitlements view, click to expand the Product Key/Serial number you wish to Activate.
- Open Associated Product and Features and click the Activate License button.
- Enter the server host information (specify the Server ID, Server Name, Server Port and Vendor Port)
If you intend to install and configure two or three redundant license host servers, you must specify the server name and server id for each of your license host server systems when you register your floating license(s). If you only have two license host server systems, enter a valid system name and host id for another system you do not intend to use as a license host server system, but remember that both of your valid license host server systems must be up and running at all times. All three entries for redundant license host server systems must be unique, so any duplicates will not allow the license to be updated and generated properly.
Note: FlexNet licensing does not support two license servers - only one or three. If using three-server redundancy, a least two servers must be up and running at all times or the license server will be "down". Ensure that the servers are on the same network subnet. Also, the second and third servers are only hot spares, so using them to provide local connections is not a valid use.
- Click "Activate"
After the serial number is activated, you may download the license file.