Redundant License Host Servers
1. Please ensure that your Host IDs and Host Names are unique for the three servers. Using a duplicate Host Name and Host ID will not allow the license file to generate successfully during registration.
2. If you intend to install and configure two or three redundant license host servers, you must specify the Host Name and Host ID for each of your license host server systems when you register your floating license.
3. Please double-check that all your floating licenses are registered for the same three unique, correct Host Names/Host IDs.
If you need to update any of your floating licenses to correct the Host Names/Host IDs, please follow these instructions, or follow the same instructions that can be found in the Intel® Software License Manager Users Guide. You must also follow these instructions when you move one or more of your license host servers to a new system.
4. Each client license file must contain lines for all three servers. If the license file contains the line USE_SERVER, then the information above that line must match the server license file. Otherwise, the entire license file must match.
5. Please make sure at least two license host servers are up and running when the license is checked out from the client system. That is to say, the Intel® Software License Manager should be started by selecting the right license file(s) on at least two license host servers where it is installed.
6. If you are using a three-server redundant configuration then at least two must be up and running to make a “quorum” and permit the license to be checked out. You need to start all three license servers to establish a quorum of two. If you do not intend to have all three of the servers running at all times, we recommend using a single license server instead of a three-way redundant license server.
7. There is currently no way to set up a hot or cold backup license server with a single license as an alternative to the three-server redundant configuration. The host information in the license file must match the data in the Intel Registration Center.
8. If you have only one server running of the three servers keyed into the license, you will likely see the -97 error (see below) for "vendor daemon is down", so you also check that the daemon is running on each server system.
FCompW: The desired vendor daemon is down a) Check the lmgrd log file, or b) Try the lmreread command: Feature: FCompW Vendor:Host: sl-ecs-snag-01 License path: 28518@sl-ecs-snag-01;C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\Compiler\Fortran - \100~1.026\Ia32\Bin\*.lic FLEXlm error: -97,121 For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "www.macrovision.com".
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.