- Effective November 13, 2015, Intel® Cluster Studio SSR's will no longer be available for sale.
- Recent licensing changes will require an upgrade of your current license to receive an updated license to enable use of the 2016 version products, released this past August 2015.
I am a current Intel® Cluster Studio User with an active license. What do I need to do to update my license?
Log into the Intel® Registration Center and you will be presented with an upgrade option to move to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition from your current Intel® Cluster Studio license. There will be no charge for this upgrade and your license will be upgraded for the remainder of your support term.
When I upgrade from Intel® Cluster Studio to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition, will I get a new serial number?
Yes, the upgrade will provide you with a new serial number that will correspond to the product to which you have been upgraded.
Once my support period expires, will I be chared the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition renewal price?
You will be given a grace period for the first year at pre-expiry pricing of Intel® Cluster Studio. At the expiration of that grace period year, the support contract pricing will be the normal support pricing for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition.
Can I pre-purchase additional support time now for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition as I upgrade from Intel® Cluster Studio?
Yes, for a period of one year after the expiration of your current Intel® Cluster Studio license you can choose to renew your support for an extended period at the pre-expiry pricing. Pricing will be dependent on your license type and support type. Please work with your local Intel representative or reseller to help you further with pricing questions.
Can I migrate or downgrade my license back to Intel® Cluster Studio?
No, once you have upgraded you cannot downgrade as Intel® Cluster Studio will no longer be available.
When I upgrade from Intel® Cluster Studio to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition, what do I get?
Cluster Edition adds the shared memory analysis tools of Intel® VTune™ Amplifier, Intel® Advisor, and Intel® Inspector. Additionally, the new Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library for big data challenges is included for those who move from their Intel® Cluster Studio 2015 version to the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2016 version.
How do I upgrade from Intel® Cluster Studio to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition?
To upgrade to Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition follow the steps below:
- Log into your Intel® Registration Center account.
- Go to your Product Page and find the link for Intel® Cluster Studio and click on it to be taken to your Subscription History.
- Under the Serial Number section of the Subscription History page you will see the link "Upgrade Available".
- Click on the link and follow the directions to upgrade to the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.