Explore the capabilities of your Intel®-based developer kit preinstalled with the Edge Insights for Vision software package by running sample applications that use the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
Upon successful completion of this guide, you should be able to:
- Understand the hardware setup of the developer kit
- Get started with deep learning inference for computer vision using the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
- Run a sample application for single- and multi-object detection with hardware acceleration on Intel® processors, graphics processing unit (GPU), or Intel® Vision Accelerator
- Run a sample application based on the multi-camera detection of social distancing
|Recommended Knowledge and Experience||
Quick Start Card (included with the kit)
|The developer kit is already set up and powered on, and you have logged in to the operating system.|
How It Works
The links below provide step-by-step instructions on how to run each sample application, which showcases the capabilities of Intel® platform with the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
- Get started with deep-learning inference for computer vision on Intel® processors, integrated GPU, or Intel® Vision Accelerator for single- and multi-object detection
- Execute optimized inference operations on a video stream using the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
- Detect and measure distance between people by using computer vision inference with Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit to generate insights required to detect real-time violations of social distancing
- Visualize insights from the data stored on a dashboard
You have now experienced computer vision inferencing on the Intel®-based developer kit.
In this get started guide, we have explored two sample applications that showcase computer vision capabilities on Intel® architecture.
Explore additional documentation on the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit and additional reference implementations:
Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit is a software development kit to optimize performance, integrate deep learning inference, and run deep neural networks on Intel® processors, GPU, vision processing unit (VPU), and Intel® FPGA products.
For software updates, resources, and reference implementations, visit the Intel® Edge Software Hub.
Troubleshooting, Support, and Additional Information
For troubleshooting or additional help regarding your developer kit, refer to the manufacturer’s product manual.
Intel® Edge Software Hub and Reference Implementation Support:
Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit Support: