MeshCentral is an open source web based remote computer management web site. One of the amazing features of MeshCentral2 is that it can be installed quickly on pretty much any computer that is Windows or Linux. For Windows users, it’s super easy since the installer that does all the work. You can get a fully working server up and running in a few minutes. Any version of Windows 7 or better will work.
This week, the MeshCentral2 installer for Windows was improved significantly. It’s not just an installer anymore, you can scan your local network to find MeshCentral2 servers, edit advanced settings, update the server and more. The new version 1.2 of the installer is available for download here. In details:
- The installer will only work when connected on the Internet as it will download and install the latest version of MeshCentral2.
- The new network scanner will find MeshCentral2 servers that are in “LAN mode” or “Hybrid mode” on the local network, this is going to be important for upcoming MeshCentral2 appliance support.
- The new advanced configuration screens make it easy to setup the server’s name, mode, feature, SMTP server and more. This allows administrators to make the most of their MeshCentral2 installation.
- As with the previous installer, you can quickly check for new server versions and update with a few clicks.
- New help screens guide administrators thru the installation process, getting the new server setup correctly more easily than ever before.
This installer, installation guide and tutorial videos are at: http://www.meshcommander.com/meshcentral2. As usual, feedback very much appreciated.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.