Powered by Open Visual Cloud. The Immersive Video Sample includes two samples based on different streaming frameworks:
- Omnidirectional Media Format (OMAF) sample: Based on OMAF standard. Uses MPEG DASH as the protocol to deliver tiled 360 video stream. Can support both VOD and live streaming mode.
- WebRTC (real-time communications) sample: Enables tiled 360 video streaming based on WebRTC protocol and Open WebRTC Toolkit media server framework for low-latency streaming for immersive 360 video.
Select Configure & Download to download the sample and the software listed below.
- Time to Complete: 1 hour
- Available Software:
- Linux* 64 bit Operating Systems
- Recommended OS for Client: CentOS* 7.6 or Ubuntu* 18.04 Server LTS
- Recommended OS for Server: CentOS 7.6
- Disk Space needed: 10 GB (Source code: 275 MB, Docker* Images: ~10 GB)
How It Works
The OMAF Sample provides a quick trial to setup E2E OMAF-Compliant 360 video streaming. OMAF 360 Video streaming sample can support both VOD and Live streaming for 4K and 8K contents. OMAF sample can be deployed with Kubernetes* or directly with Docker* image.
The WebRTC Sample provides a low latency end-to-end 360 video streaming service, based on the WebRTC technology and Open WebRTC Toolkit (OWT) media server. It supports 4K and 8K tile-based transcoding powered by SVT-HEVC, and bandwidth efficient FoV(Field of view) based adaptive streaming.
Install Immersive Video Sample
Select Configure & Download to download the Immersive Video sample.
Follow the steps on GitHub to build the OMAF-based sample.
Follow the steps on GitHub to build the WebRTC-based sample.
To continue learning, see the following guides and software resources:
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.