In this tutorial, you will download the compatible Edge Insights for Industrial (EII) Helm* charts deployment on StarlingX* platform.
StarlingX* platform uses Helm* charts for Kubernetes* application deployments. For deployment of EII in StarlingX, Helm charts are provided for both provision and deployment.
NOTE: Only video pipeline components are enabled with the current version of the deployment Helm chart.
Download Edge Insights for Industrial - StarlingX* Enablement
During installation, you will be prompted to enter your product key. This key is in the email you received from the Intel® Registration Center. Contact Support Forum if you do not have this email message.
The steps below explain how to:
- Prepare your target system.
- Copy the package.
- Complete the installation steps.
Step 1: Prepare the Target System
Make sure your target system has a fresh installation of Ubuntu* Linux that corresponds to the version of Edge Insights for Industrial that you downloaded. If you need help installing Ubuntu, follow these steps:
- Download the Ubuntu* Linux* Desktop ISO file to your developer workstation.
- Create a bootable flash drive using an imaging application, such as Startup Disk Creator, available on Ubuntu.
- After flashing the USB drive, power off your target system, insert the USB drive, and power on the target system.
- If the target system doesn't boot from the USB drive, change the boot priority in the system BIOS.
- Follow the prompts to install Ubuntu with default configurations. For detailed instructions, see the Ubuntu guide.
- Power down your target system and remove the USB drive.
- Power up the target system. You will see Ubuntu Desktop is successfully installed.
Step 2: Copy the .zip File to the Target System
In this step you copy Edge Insights for Industrial: StarlingX* Enablement to your Target System.
Copy edge_insights_industrial_starlingx_enablement.zip from the developer workstation to the Home directory on your target system. You can use a USB flash drive to copy the file.
Step 3: Extract the Edge Insights for Industrial - StarlingX* Enablement Software
In this step you extract edge_insights_industrial_starlingx_enablement.zip. You need to be on the target system to complete these steps.
- Make sure you have a working Internet connection.
- Open a new terminal.
- Extract the package:
If you download edge_insights_industrial_starlingx_enablement.zip more than once, each download beyond the first will be appended by a number.
Step 4: Download the Edge Insights for Industrial - StarlingX* Enablement Software
NOTE: The edgesoftware tool uses the system proxy settings to download and install the modules.
You will now run a script that will download Edge Insights for Industrial - StarlingX* Enablement module on your target system.
Run these commands:
cd edge_insights_industrial_starlingx_enablement chmod 775 edgesoftware ./edgesoftware download
Type the product key at the prompt.
Step 5: Refer to StarlingX README for further details
Refer to the StarlingX README.md file located at $WORKDIR/edge_insights_industrial_starlingx_enablement/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_StarlingX_enablement_1.0/EII-StarlingX-RP/helm-eis-stx/README.md for next steps.
In this tutorial, you successfully downloaded the Edge Insights for Industrial - StarlingX* Enablement Helm charts package and deployed EII Helm charts on StarlingX.