Intel® Edge Insights for Industrial (Intel® EII) Deployment Tool provides graphical user interface to help users deploy machine vision data streams.
Using this tool, you perform the following tasks
- Configure data streams
- Import user defined functions (UDFs)
- Tune parameters
- Deploy data streams to local machine, remote machine
- Copy data streams as packages to a USB drive
Select Configure & Download to download the tool and the software listed below.
Time to Complete
Language Available Software
Approximately 30 minutes
Target System Requirements
The following are the system requirements for the target system:
- One of the following processors:
- 6th, 7th, or 8th generation Intel® Core™ processor.
- 6th, 7th, or 8th generation Intel® Xeon® processor.
- Intel® Pentium® processor N4200/5, N3350/5, N3450/5 with Intel® HD Graphics.
- At least 16 GB RAM for video ingestion and analytics. (At least 2 GB RAM for time-series ingestion and analytics.)
- At least 64 GB hard drive.
- An Internet connection.
- Ubuntu* 20.04.2 LTS
Using this tutorial, you will be able to configure, build and run Intel® EII using the Intel® EII Deployment Tool.
• Only video pipeline components are enabled.
• This tutorial assumes that the you have a functioning User Defined Function (UDF) or UDFs for deploying data streams.
Install Intel® EII Deployment Tool
This section provides the steps required to complete the installation of the Intel® EII Deployment Tool.
Complete the following steps in this order:
- Step 1: Install Ubuntu* Linux* Desktop on the target system
- Step 2: Download and copy the eii_deployment_tool.zip file
- Step 3: Extract the Intel® EII Deployment Tool files
- Step 4: Download and install the required modules
- Step 5: Set permissions for Intel® EII folders
- Step 6: Install Intel® EII
- Step 7: Launch Intel® EII Deployment Tool
Note: During the installation process, you will be required to enter the Product Key when prompted. You can find the Product Key in the email from the Intel® Registration Center. Contact the Support Forum if you have not received the Product Key.
Step 1: Install Ubuntu* Linux* Desktop on the target system
Ensure that the target system has a fresh installation of Ubuntu* Linux that corresponds to the version of Intel® Edge Insights for Industrial.
To install Ubuntu* Linux* Desktop, complete the following steps:
- Download the Ubuntu* Linux* Desktop ISO file to your developer workstation.
- Using the Startup Disk Creator, create a bootable flash drive.
- After flashing the USB drive, turn off your target system, insert the USB drive, and turn on the target system.
- If the target system doesn't boot from the USB drive, change the boot priority in the system BIOS.
- Follow the prompts to install Ubuntu with default configurations. For detailed instructions, see the Ubuntu guide.
- Turn off the target system and then, remove the USB drive.
- Turn on the target system.
Step 2: Download and copy the eii_deployment_tool.zip file
- Select Configure & Download to download the tool and the software listed below.
Configure & Download
- Copy the eii_deployment_tool.zip file from the developer workstation to the Home directory on your target system.
Note: You can use a USB flash drive to copy the file to the target system.
Step 3: Extract the Intel® EII Deployment Tool files
To complete this step, ensure the following:
- You must have a working internet connection.
- You should be working on the target system.
- To extract the files, do the following:
- Open a new terminal.
- Unzip eii_deployment_tool.zip to extract the package.
Note: If you downloaded eii_deployment_tool.zip more than once, each copy of the downloaded file after the first will be appended by a number.
Step 4: Download and install the required modules
The script file downloads and installs the required modules on the target system.
Note: The edgesoftware tool uses the system proxy settings to download and install the modules.
To install the modules:
- Run the following commands:
cd eii_deployment_tool chmod 775 edgesoftware ./edgesoftware install
- Enter the Product Key when prompted.
Step 5: Set permissions for the Intel® EII folders
In this step, you set the executable permissions for all the Intel® EII folders, using the following commands:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/IEdgeInsights chmod 755 -R .
Step 6: Install Intel® EII
Note: If you observe errors when running a script, such as "no execute permission", run the command chmod +x [script name] to assign the permission before you rerun the script.
- Install Intel® EII with the commands below. These steps show installation of Intel® EII v2.6:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/EII_deployment_tool/eii ./install_eii2.6.sh
- Reboot the OS with the command:
- Run the PCB Demo to verify the Intel® EII installation using the commands:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/EII_deployment_tool/eii ./try_eii2.6.sh
- If you see the PCB Demo show up in the Visualizer successfully, that means Intel® EII has been successfully set up.
Stop Intel® EII Services
Stop Intel® EII services with the command:
Step 7. Launch Intel® EII Deployment Tool
- Install Intel® EII Deployment tool with the commands:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/EII_deployment_tool/ ./install.sh
- Open a new terminal by entering Ctrl + Alt + t
- Launch the Intel® EII Deployment Tool with the command:
Uninstall Intel® EII Deployment Tool
Run the commands below to uninstall:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/EII_deployment_tool/ ./uninstall.sh
Set Up Target Device
To set up the environment for a target device, use the commands:
cd eii_deployment_tool/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial__Deployment_Tool_1.0/EII_deployment_tool/ sudo ./target_device_setup.sh
In this tutorial, you successfully downloaded and ran the Intel® Edge Insights for Industrial Deployment Tool.
If you're unable to resolve your issues, contact the Support Forum.