The Loss Prevention Reference Implementation provides critical components to build and deploy solutions to prevent store theft. This reference implementation focuses on theft at shopping aisles and checkout stations. This reference implementation provides pre-configured loss prevention pipelines optimized for Intel® hardware.
To build the Intel® Loss Prevention Reference Implementation, you need:
- Ubuntu* LTS Boot Device
To know about the supported platforms, see the list of platforms.
Using this reference implementation, you can:
- Identify optimized middleware and frameworks relevant for checkout use cases from Intel.
- Utilize services developed for the self-checkout reference implementation.
- Use the core checkout services to build the loss prevention reference modules.
- Identify the required hardware for the intended workloads.
Features and Benefits
With this reference implementation, the retail stores can:
- Monitor persons of interest
- Track products that customers might hide (Recognize suspicious customer activity).
- Identify price switching.
- Keep track of the items skipped in the basket and shopping cart.
How it Works
This reference implementation identifies video streams projected by various types of cameras, such as the overhead cameras at the isles, shelf monitoring cameras, and cameras in the self-checkout area. Different AI models with varying resolutions and precisions drive this reference implementation.
You can sign up to know about the upcoming releases.
The loss prevention reference design complements features in the automated self-checkout reference implementation. Together, they address critical data and software code that can be readily verified and used when building complete solutions.
The reference implementation includes:
- Source code
- Benchmark scripts
- Pre-trained models
- Learning videos (will be available in the forthcoming releases)
- Hardware recommendation
- Tools and libraries
- Operating system support
- Support for Intel architecture-based platforms
Find the latest performance results by choice of Intel® processors for the vision-enabled workloads.
Report Issue or Submit Feedback
You can open an issue on GitHub to report a problem related to the reference implementation or give feedback.