It’s been a while since the last announcement but I have been hard at work on MeshCentral, the web-based open source remote management software. This week we got a big new feature with release of MeshCentral v0.1.8-c on NPM, we now have a new web application for mobile devices. When you install your own MeshCentral server and access it using a mobile device (like a phone or tablet), you will see a new web page tailored for small devices. This is the first version of it, but already it offers many of the main usages that are offered on the main web site in a more compact form. Some of the features offered in the mobile application:
- New card stack UI. Unlike the main web site, the mobile site uses a card stack UI model, where you can select screens and hit “back” at any time to return. This is quite a different model from the tabs on the main site, but allows the UI to be significantly more compact.
- Real time user interface. Like the main web site, the mobile site is fully real time. You never need to hit “refresh” to get the latest state of a device. The state of all devices and groups will be updated in real time on the screen.
- Login and account management. Like the main web site, you can use the mobile web site to create a new account, login, logout, recover a lost password or perform various account management functions. All important things to get started.
- Mesh Management. You can create or remove groups of computers, assign and remote permissions to various users.
- Computer management. In addition to monitoring the real time state of all your computers, you can remotely see the desktop of any computer you have access to and access and manage files remotely.
- Intel® AMT support. You can update the Intel AMT credentials, see Intel AMT state and perform a hardware KVM session directly from your phone. Because MeshCentral2 support Intel® AMT Client Initiated Remote Access (CIRA) you can be anywhere in the world and perform a hardware remote session to any computer over the Internet.
This is the first version of the mobile application, many more bug fixes and features still need to be added. However, the application should be quite usable and feedback is appreciated. The latest release is MeshCentral v0.1.8-c and is available now for update. Much more to come in the coming months.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.