As of version 2.5, the Intel® Software License Manager download package for Windows* uses an installer similar to Intel software development tools. This is a change from older versions. If you already have a pre-2.5 version of the license manager installed and running on your server, follow the steps below to upgrade to version 2.5 or higher.
Note: Starting the license manager may change the port number used by the INTEL vendor daemon. Be sure to note the port number and exclude it from your firewall if necessary.
To install the new version using the recommended defaults:
- Download the latest version of the Intel Software License Manager for Windows package here
- Also see the User's Guide for more detailed installation instructions
- Run the self-extracting exe file you downloaded
- Enter the serial number for your license or path to existing license(s) when prompted
- If you see a warning that there are invalid license files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\ServerLicenses, make sure to delete all invalid license files. If the folder is empty, ignore this warning.
- If you have not shut down the current license manager, the installer will detect this and offer to close it for you. It should not require a reboot.
After the installation completes successfully, the new license manager will be started automatically. The default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Intel\LicenseServer. If you entered a serial number, it will create and use the license file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\ServerLicenses. The default path for the license manager log file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\ServerLicenses\IFLEXlmLog.txt for version 2.6, and C:\Program Files\Intel\LicenseServer\IFLEXlm.log for version 2.5. Check this log file to find the vendor daemon port and ensure it is not blocked.
If the license manager doesn't start, see this article.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.