Redistribute Libraries When Deploying Applications
- Statically link your application.An application built with statically-linked libraries eliminates the need to distribute runtime libraries with the application executable. By linking the application to the static libraries, you are not dependent on the Intel® Fortran or Intel® C/C++ dynamic shared libraries.
- Dynamically link your application.If you must build your application with dynamically linked (or shared) compiler libraries, you should address the following concerns:
- You must build your application with shared or dynamic libraries that are redistributable.
- Pay careful attention to the directory where the redistributables are installed and how the OS finds them.
- You should determine which shared or dynamic libraries your application needs.