How it Works
- Package management of Edge Software Packages is done through a container that allows you to install, update and delete packages using theIntel® Edge Software Configuratorgraphic user interface.
- Container management is enabled using the open source version of Portainer*. Portainer* comes with a Server and an Edge Agent that allow you to manage all Docker* resources (Containers, Images, Stacks, etc.). The communication between the Agent and Server is done through the creation of a reverse SSH tunnel.
- Virtual Machines management is enabled by a Virtual Machine Server and Virtual Machine Agent, which allow you to create, delete and perform other virtual machine operations. All communications between the Agent and the Server are done through a secure SSH tunnel using PostgreSQL* to handle the public and private keys.
- The telemetry information is gathered using collectd*, which collects performance data, real-time data from devices and sends it to the InfluxDB* database. Collectd* is also deployed with Virtual Machines and Edge Nodes to enable monitoring workloads. The visualization of the data is done through Grafana*.
- The BareMetal plugin is enabled by Intel® Edge Software Provisioner (Intel® ESP). It allows Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs), systems integrators, and developers to automate the installation of a complete operating system and software stack on BareMetal or Virtual Machines using a just-in-time provisioning process.