Deploy Edge Nodes
Step 1: Go to Deploy > Deploy Edge Nodes
- Click onDeployin the top menu and selectDeploy Edge Nodes.
- In theDeploy Edge Nodesscreen, you will see 3 tab sections:Workload Templates,Ongoing Deployment, andCompleted Deployment.Workload Templates:contains a shortcut to add a new workload deployment template. If workload templates are already configured, then you will see the list of workload templates to deploy on edge nodes along with the shortcut to add a new template.Ongoing Deployment:lists the deployment ongoing edge nodes with details like IP address, deployment status, deployment started time, and track deployment. If there are no edge nodes in ongoing deployment, this tab will display an empty screen with message as shown.Completed Deployment:lists the deployment completed edge nodes with details like IP address, deployment status, deployment completed time, and deployment summary. If there are no edge nodes in completed deployment, this tab will display an empty screen with message as shown.
Step 2: Deploy Workload Template on an Edge Node
- Select theDeploybutton of any workload template to deploy it on an Edge Node.If there are no edge nodes available to deploy, then theDeploybutton will be in the disabled state.You will see a list of edge nodes for deploying the selected configuration.
- You also have the option to view the selected workload template by togglingShow Selected Workload Templateas shown.
- Click onView Detailsto view the workload template details.Here you can check all the details by navigating through all the tabs. Click onCloseto exit from the pop-up.
- You can filter the edge node list based on the previous state by clicking on theFilterbutton in the right corner as shown.
- You can view the edge node details by clicking the respective edge node name.
- Click onCloseto exit from the pop-up.
- Select one or more edge nodes for deploying the configuration by clicking on the respective edge nodes check box as shown.View DetailsunderCompare Configurationis available only for the nodes that are already deployed.
- If the selected workload template has virtual machines configured, then enter its credentials to deploy it on selected edge nodes.
- Click onStart Deployment.
- Click onCloseto continue the deployment in the background and you will be able to see the progress under theOngoing Deploymenttab.
- You can view any edge node details and performance underOngoing Deploymentby clicking in the respective edge node name. Click onCloseto exit from the pop-up.
- Click onView Summaryunder the track deployment column to track the status of ongoing deployment edge nodes. Navigate through all tabs to view in detail. Click onCloseto exit from the pop-up.Once deployment is completed, you can see the edge node on theCompleted Deploymenttab with its status asSuccessful,Partially DeployedorFailed.