Error Handling and Recovery Flows
- Errors from trusted application– There are several ways to get errors from the trusted application. The ways, the values and the ability to translate those into some action are very important aspects that must be covered.
- Errors from Intel® DAL Host Interface Service or IPT software– The software stack can also return errors. Make sure you are familiar with those and that they are covered by your host-side application.
- Trusted application crash– This is a special flow which can occur due to unhandled exception, out-of-memory or even timeout event. Being able to identify those and recover from these cases is a major aspect of having a stable and functional solution.
- Application crash– Since the host side must be synchronized with the firmware and the trusted application sessions, there should be a clear definition of what should be done in case we have recovered from host-side application crash.
- Power flows– The most common and important use case which causes all of the trusted applications to be deleted from the firmware. Therefore the application should take into account these scenarios and they must be covered in the validation plans.
- Firmware reset / HECI reset / Intel® DAL Host Interface Service service reset– These are rare unexpected cases which also have an impact on our application. Make sure you understand and cover those cases.