Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) uses processor resources more efficiently, enabling multiple threads to run on each core. As a performance feature, it also increases processor throughput, improving overall performance on threaded software.
Intel® HT Technology is available on the latest Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, the Intel® Core™ processor family, the Intel® Core™ M processor family, and the Intel® Xeon® processor family. By combining one of these Intel® processors and chipsets with an operating system and BIOS supporting Intel® HT Technology, you can:
- Run demanding applications simultaneously while maintaining system responsiveness
- Keep systems protected, efficient, and manageable while minimizing impact on productivity
- Provide headroom for future business growth and new solution capabilities
Intensive Graphics Without Compromise
With Intel® HT Technology, multimedia enthusiasts can create, edit, and encode graphically intensive files while running background applications, such as virus protection software, without compromising system performance.
More Tasks, More Efficient Business
Processors with both Intel® HT Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology (or Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, available in Intel® Core™ i5 processors and above) deliver better performance and can complete tasks more quickly. The combination of technologies enables simultaneous processing of multiple threads, dynamically adapts to the workload, and automatically disables inactive cores. This increases processor frequency on the busy cores, giving an even greater performance boost for threaded applications.
Thanks to Intel® HT Technology, businesses can:
- Improve productivity by doing more simultaneously without slowing down
- Provide fast response times for Internet and e-commerce applications, enhancing customer experiences
- Increase the number of transactions that can be processed simultaneously
- Utilize existing 32-bit application technologies while maintaining 64-bit future readiness
Assessing System Readiness
Intel® HT Technology is available on a variety of laptop, desktop, server, and workstation systems. Look for systems with the Intel® HT Technology logo and verify with your system vendor that the system utilizes Intel® HT Technology.