Objective: To provide details on what information is gathered in the Advanced Statistics window of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless application, when the Intel® WiFi client is connected to a legacy or 802.11n APs.
Transmit/Receive Tab: Displays percentage values for non-directed and directed packets.
- Total host packets: The total number of directed and non-directed packets counts: Transmit - (Mbps); Receive - (Mbps).
- Non-directed packets: The number of received packets broadcast to the wireless network.
- Directed packets: The number of received packets sent specifically to the WiFi adapter.
- Total Bytes: The total number of bytes for packets received and sent by the WiFi adapter.
If PROSet is connected to legacy AP; it shows the statistics as in the attached screen shot.
There are 2 kinds of packets that are being displayed:
- Non-directed packets – Multi-cast and broadcast packets
- Directed packets –Unicast packets
If a PROSet client is connected to an 802.11n AP; it will show the rate details as shown in the figure below:
Directed Packets (High-Throughput) as shown in the above screen shot are unicast 802.11n traffic. 1x and 2x are the number of spatial streams (i.e. number of antennas used for that data rate).
1x6Mbps: One antenna transmitting at a data rate of 6 Mbps
2x6Mbps: Two antennas transmitting at a data rate of 6 Mbps
| Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows XP *, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*
This applies to: