Complete the following steps to connect to your wireless network using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software:
- Open Intel PROSet/Wireless Software using one of the following methods:
- Selecting Start > Programs > Intel PROSet Wireless.
- Double-clicking the taskbar icon . The Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility displays.
- Switch the wireless radio on, if not already broadcasting.
- Wi-Fi networks within range of your Wi-Fi adapter are displayed in the Wi-Fi Networks area.
- Select a network and click Connect. If the network does not require security authentication, you are connected to the network.
- If a security password is required, the Connect to: <network name> window is displayed.
- If you are connecting to this network for the first time or the network security settings changed, see Adding network security details to your profiles.
- Enter your password and select OK. If you connect to the network, a profile is created. The profile allows you to automatically connect to this network the next time you are in range.
Switch the Wi-Fi Radio on using Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software User Guide
Create a new profile
Adding network security details to your profiles
This applies to: