Intel® PROSet/Wireless helps set up, edit, and manage network profiles to connect to a network. It also includes advanced settings such as power management and channel selection for setting up ad-hoc networks.
To disable Windows XP* Wireless Zero Configuration* and use Intel PROSet/Wireless as your Wi-Fi manager:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click Wireless Network Connection.
- Click Properties.
- Click Wireless Networks tab.
- Clear the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings check box.
- Click OK. This confirms the Intel PROSet/Wireless utility is configured to manage your network profiles.
||Verify that the Intel PROSet/Wireless Tools > Application Settings option Notify when another application uses the wireless adapter is selected. This option prompts you when Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration starts to manage your network profiles.|
Use Microsoft Windows* to manage Wi-Fi
This applies to: