Personal Information Manager (PIM) tools can have Internet access through a laptop using the Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT). PIM tools also apply to personal organizer applications and cell phones with WiFi capabilities.
- Open Intel® My WiFi Technology and select ‘Enable.’
- Select Profiles and select ‘New’. Set the SSID by changing the Security or password.
- Select Add New Device and select ‘Manually configure a device’.
- Copy the information into your PIM connection manager and connect to it.
- In Intel® My WiFi Technology look for the Connected Device with a valid IP address.
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Right-click on the Internet Wireless Network Connection and select Properties -> Sharing -> ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection”. Under ‘Home networking connection’ select the Wireless Network connection to be used.
||Intel® My WiFi Technology is supported only on the Windows 7* operating system and using driver versions 13.1.1 and newer.|
| Windows 7 (32-bit)*, Windows 7 (64-bit)*
This applies to: