The Intel SSD Optimizer shows a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) error screen, but I am not doing a backup, what is wrong?
VSS is not enabled for your particular operating system.
Enable VSS for your operating system, following the steps provided:
- Click Start, and type Services in the Search Programs and Files box.
- Click Services, and click Yes when you see the User Account Control Message.
- Scroll down and double-click Volume Shadow Copy.
- Go to the drop down box for Startup Type, click Automatic from the list of options, and click OK. This selection enables VSS each time you start Windows.
- Click Start, and run the Intel SSD Optimizer.
Intel Knowledge Base Article Disclaimer
This applies to: