Follow these steps to create a driver utility disk. Instructions are for Windows XP* or Windows Server 2003*, 32-bit editions.
- Download the latest driver package (PROWin32.exe) from Download Center.
- Create a temporary folder for the extracted driver files. (Example: C:\Temporary)
- Open a command-line prompt window:
- Go to the directory where the downloaded driver file was saved and enter “PROWin32.exe /s /e /f c:\Temporary”.
- When you see the command prompt again, the files have been extracted successfully.
- Using Windows* Explorer, go to the temporary directory where the files are extracted.
- Depending on the device installed on the system, go to either PRO100 or PRO1000 folder.
- Under “Win32” folder, search for the files listed below:
|PRO 100 Adapters
||PRO 1000 Adapters|
- Copy the files listed to the preferred media (floppy disk, USB thumb drive or recordable optical device).
To create a bootable media for something other than a floppy disk, refer to the steps "Creating a Bootable USB Device" for USB flash drive and "Creating a Bootable CD" for optical media.
| Windows XP Professional*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows Server 2003 *, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*
This applies to: