Installing an Intel® Network Adapter and Driver into an existing Windows* Me system:
Upgrading an Intel Network Adapter Driver:
- When Windows* Me starts and detects the adapter, you should see an Add New Hardware wizard. Click Next to continue.
- Select the Removable Media CD-ROM option and put the Intel® CD (or locate media containing the newest driver from the Intel support Web site) in your computer. If the Autorun screen appears, close it. Click Next to continue.
- Windows* Me should search for drivers and ask which driver to install. Choose The Updated Driver and click Next. It is important that you check that it is picking up the driver from the CD or wherever you have the latest drivers stored because it will try to pick up the driver supplied by the OS.
- Windows* will then copy the driver files to the computer. Click Finish and restart your computer when prompted.
- To update the driver, make sure you have the latest software available and then go to Device Manager, select the adapter, and click Properties.
- Select the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button.
- Using the Update driver wizard, be very careful to choose the Search for a better driver... and point to your new driver location.
This applies to: