PC Card (MBLA1600)
100Base-TX unshielded twisted pair for use on Category 5 (data grade) cabling
10Base-T unshielded twisted pair (UTP)
328 ft (100 m)
Ethernet IEEE 802.3 for 10 Mbps, 802.3u for 100 Mbps
Type II PC Card (PCMCIA)
Full Duplex Support
10 Mbps networks only
3.37 in (86 mm) x 2.13 in (54.0 mm) x 0.20 in (5.0 mm) excluding adapter cable and network
0.85 oz (24 g)
10Base-T +5V DC, 320 mA typical, 460 mA max
100Base-TX +5V DC, 340 mA typical, 490 mA max
Operating: 32°F to 131°F (0°C to 55°C)
Storage: -4°F to 149°F (-20°C to 65°C)
Humidity: 95% max. noncondensing
32 KB SRAM packet buffer
Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
Design requirement is a minimum of 100K hours. Calculated MTBF is 356K hours. The calculation is a "Reliability Inherency Analysis." The MTBF is developed by applying Bellcore component failure rates to the adapter's components. The process is traceable to MIL-HDBK-217F1.
Link integrity, transmission activity
FCC, Part 15, Class B
CE Mark (EN 55022, Class B, EN50082-1)
- Supports Intel 82365 PCIC, Databook TCIC, Cirrus* Logic CL-PD6710 or CL-PD6720, or Toshiba* ICCNT PCMCIA interface chips. More controllers may work, but as of print time, verification of functionality had not be tested.
- Variable interrupts, 3 to 15, default interrupt 5.
- Variable I/O window, 16 bytes needed, default base at 300h.
- Requires only a 4Kbyte memory window on a 4Kbyte boundary, within segment C000h to EF00h, default is D100h. Note: The D000-D0FF memory segment is not supported. Use a different range, such as D100-D1FF.
- Keyword disables link integrity checking.
- Suspend/resume and HotSwap support through Card and Socket Services.
- Power On/Off switch under M16ACFG allows power to the EtherExpress(TM) PRO/100 PC Card 16 to be turned on or off at the slot.
- Advanced Look-Ahead Pipelining increases performance.
- Windows* 3.1x based installation program automatically configures PC and NOS setup.
- Diagnostic test program (M16ATEST.EXE)
This applies to: