To upgrade the firmware
- Download the latest firmware for Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) from support site.
- Unzip the package and copy all files to a folder on a USB device.
- Insert USB device to server/workstation USB port.
- Boot Server to EFI shell.
- Run command map -r in EFI shell to map USB device.
- Run command fs0: to change folder to USB device. USB device can also map to fs1:. The number of the fs# is dependent on the result of command map -r.
- Change folder to the folder storing the firmware package.
- Run command startup.nsh to start updating all the firmware and BIOS.
To verify that the upgrade finished
- During POST, press F2 when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Press F9 to load BIOS Defaults.
- At the Main menu verify the BIOS revision.
- Click Server Management > System Information and press Enter.
- Verify the BMC firmware revision.
- Verify the SDR revision.
- Verify the ME firmware revision.
- Press F10 to save exit.
This applies to: