Defining Email Sender and Recipients:
Use the Email tab in the Notifications Manager Configuration window to enter your Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server information and to enter the email addresses where you want alert notifications sent.
To send alert notifications using email, you must have an SMTP server set up and accessible by the server running the Notifications Manager.
To enter SMTP information and email addresses, follow these steps.
- Enter the sender address (the address from which the email will be sent) in the Sender address field.
- Enter the name or the internet protocol (IP) address of the SMTP server that will send the emails.
- Click Add in the Recipients panel, and enter an email address where you want alert notifications sent.
- Click OK to add the email address to the Recipients list.
Note: You may remove addresses from the list by simply highlighting them and clicking Remove. Or highlight an address and use Edit to make changes to an address already in the list.
- If you want to send a test email to make sure your SMTP server and addresses are set up correctly, click Test.
This applies to: