Defining e-mail sender and recipients
Use the e-mail tab in the notifications manager configuration window to enter your Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server information and to enter the e-mail addresses where you want alert notifications sent.
To send alert notifications using e-mail, you must have an SMTP server set up and accessible by the server running the notifications manager.
To enter SMTP information and e-mail addresses, follow these steps.
- Enter the sender address (the address from which the e-mail will be sent) in the sender address field.
- Enter the name or the internet protocol (IP) address of the SMTP server that will send the e-mails.
- Click add in the recipients panel, and enter an e-mail address where you want alert notifications sent.
- Click OK to add the e-mail address to the recipients list.
Note: You may remove addresses from the list by simply highlighting them and clicking remove. Or highlight an address and use edit to make changes to an address already in the list.
- If you want to send a test e-mail to make sure your SMTP server and addresses are set up correctly, click test.
This applies to: