When you turn on your computer, and it continually beeps three times (three one-second beeps), it means there is a memory issue.
To resolve this problem, check the following:
- Make sure the memory modules are properly installed in the DIMM slots, and that they are pressed in completely with the latches locked in place.
- Make sure you are using supported memory for your board. Check the speed and size of your memory.
- Check that the memory modules are not defective:
- Test the memory modules one at a time.
- Try the modules in another computer or try different known-working modules in this system.
This applies to: