The following symptoms can display, if installed components in the Intel NUC overheat:
- Devices (such as mSATA SSDs) are no longer detected
- The system will not boot
- The system randomly shuts down
If any of the overheating symptoms appear, check the position of the following:
- The unit is on a hard surface.
- The ventilation holes in the back panel of the chassis are not blocked.
- The ventilation holes in the bottom of the chassis are not blocked.
- The unit is set vertically on its left or right side (for better airflow to the bottom ventilation holes).
Adjust the cooling settings in BIOS setup:
- Press F2 during boot to enter the BIOS Setup.
- Click the Cooling tab.
- Set System Fan Control to Cool.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.