The Intel Graphics Tray Icon is a convenient tool for getting into the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from your task bar. The tray icon also serves as an alternative method for accessing features like display modes.
If you have accidentally exited out of it and want to turn it on, or simply want to keep it turned off, follow these steps.
Disabling the Tray Icon
- Open or expand the task bar until you see the Intel Graphics Tray Icon.
- Right Click the icon and select Exit Tray.
||Selecting Exit Tray turns the Intel Graphics Tray Icon off until manually turned back on, so this option serves to disable it. You can also disable it by doing the opposite of step 4 in the following section.|
Enabling the Tray Icon
- Right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution (Windows 7* or Windows 8*) or Properties (Windows XP*).
- Select Advanced Settings (Windows 7 or Windows 8) or Advanced (Windows XP).
- Navigate to the Intel® Graphics Control Panel tab.
- Select the check box for Show Tray Icon.
- Select Apply > OK.
Figure 1: The Show Tray Icon as seen in the Advanced Settings menu.
This applies to: