To manually install the Intel® Graphics Driver in the Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1* operating system, follow these steps:
|Intel supplies generic versions of its graphics drivers for general purposes. But, the computer manufacturer can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities, Intel recommends that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software they provide.|
- Download the graphics driver ZIP file. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Press the Windows key and the X key together.
- Select Device Manager.
- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.
- Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot computer when prompted.
To verify the driver installation was successful:
- Double-click the installed Display Adapter.
- Click Driver tab.
- Verify the Driver Version and Driver Date are correct.
| Windows 8*, Windows 8, 32-bit*, Windows 8, 64-bit*
This applies to: