You might receive one of the following error messages:
- Error: Hot Key Command (HKCMD) Error
- Error: hkcmd module has encountered a problem and needs to close
- Error: an unknown error occurred in Hot Key Command (HKCMD)
The Hot Key Command (HKCMD) module is part of the Intel® graphics driver. There could be conflicts between this module and other software installed on the computer, or the module should be reinstalled or updated.
To reinstall or update the HKCMD module, download and install the latest Intel graphics driver for your computer. To check for the latest generic driver available, use the Intel® Driver Update Utility. If this online utility detects a customized computer manufacturer graphics driver, check customized computer manufacturer graphics driver is detected.
As a workaround, you can disable the HKCMD module using the following steps:
Uncheck the checkbox for the 'hkcmd'.
Click Restart the computer.
- Save any open files and close all applications.
- Open the Windows* System Configuration Utility:
- Click Start and then on Run.
- In the Open box, enter: msconfig.
- Click OK.
This applies to: