Intel® Pentium® III Processor Specification Update
This document is an update to the specifications contained in the Pentium® III Processor datasheet. This document is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers of applications, operating
systems, or tools. It contains specification changes, S-specs, errata, specification clarifications, and documentation changes. The
Pentium® III processor may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from
published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
- Specification Changes are modifications to the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the
next release of the specifications.
- S-Specs are exceptions to the published specifications, and apply only to the units assembled under the S-spec.
- Errata are design defects or errors. Errata may cause the Pentium® III processor's behavior to deviate from published
specifications. Hardware and software designed to be used with any given stepping must assume that all errata documented
for that stepping are present on all devices.
- Specification Clarifications describe a specification in greater detail or further highlight a specification's impact to a complex
design situation. These clarifications will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- Documentation Changes include typos, errors, or omissions from the current published specifications. These changes will be
incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
This location contains the most current Specification Update. The revision number is indicated by the last two digits in its 'pdf' file
name. Specification Updates are revised only as changes occur.
- File Name/Size:
- 659645 bytes
- Download From:
Web Server (Available for byte serving)