Intel® QuickAssist Acceleration Technology for Embedded Systems
Acceleration technologies for the embedded design community
Intel® QuickAssist Technology makes it easier for developers to integrate embedded accelerators in their designs. Developers can use Intel® QuickAssist Technology to:
- Decrease development time by avoiding the need to develop proprietary acceleration layers for each new design, device, or appliance
- Accelerate performance for demanding applications with specific hardware acceleration modules
- Support migration to designs using system-on-chip (SOC) and multi-core processors
- Increase business flexibility with solutions that fit changing business requirements without being tied to a particular accelerator
- Migrate from one technology to another with minimum impact to applications by using an Accelerator Abstraction Layer (AAL)
- Support small form factor accelerators with system-on-chip (SOC) processors
Simplify accelerator integration and development
Intel® QuickAssist Technology defines a unified set of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). This provides consistent conventions and semantics across multiple accelerator solutions offered by a range of accelerator vendors. Implementations can range from optimized software algorithms to high-performance hardware accelerators and integrated Intel® SOC processors.
Discover Intel® products with built-in Intel QuickAssist Technology
View list >
Better communication, easier implementation
Intel® QuickAssist Technology’s Accelerator Abstraction Layer (AAL) provides a uniform means of communication between applications, accelerators, and acceleration technologies. It also helps manage them as resources. This simplifies accelerator implementation across platforms and technologies, especially as underlying hardware systems evolve over time.
Intel SOC processor with Intel® QuickAssist Technology
The Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor combines Intel® QuickAssist Technology with an Intel® architecture core, memory controller, and I/O controller into a SOC processor optimized for appliances and application-specific designs. The Intel® SOC processor supports a broad range of communications and security applications, delivering performance and power efficiency in a small footprint.