Sectra Enables Better Access to 3-D Radiology Visualization
Until now, advanced visualization of radiology images has required the radiology workstations to be equipped with specialized graphics cards. Sectra found it could eliminate those graphics cards by using the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family to generate the images and stream them, not only to the radiology workstatio...ns, but also to a wider range of devices. Now valuable medical information can be distributed outside the radiology department and more widely across the hospital, helping increase the quality of care and potentially improve the patient experience.
• Powerful processing. Enable computed tomography images of up to 2,000 MB to be viewed and navigated smoothly in 3-D by radiologists and other medical professionals.
• Restricted access. Eliminate the need for highly specialized hardware to view the radiology images so they can be viewed using standard desktop hardware and mobile devices.
• Updated processor. Sectra optimized its Sectra PACS* software for the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family.
• Image streaming. Sectra re-architected 3-D imaging in Sectra PACS to create the images on the server and stream them to the client devices on demand.
• Hardware consolidation. The increased performance enables hospitals to serve more users with the same hardware, potentially consolidating hardware to save money.
• Increased market segment. Sectra can now license its software to the wider hospital community, beyond those who have access to specialist workstations.
Read the full Sectra Enables Better Access to 3-D Radiology Visualization