- 1.8 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
- Dual channel interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 800 MHz or DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs
- Minimum recommended total system memory: 512 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR2 800 MHz or DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
- DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
System resources and hardware (such as PCI Express*) require physical memory address locations that can reduce available addressable system memory. This could result in a reduction of as much as 1 GB or more of physical addressable memory being available to the operating system and applications, depending on the system configuration and operating system.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL*) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single and multichannel memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|